Thursday 29 April 2010

Hello? Is anyone out there?

Dear World,

I'm still here. Sorry? You didn't hear me? Let me say it a little louder for you. I'M STILL HERE!

When my babies reached six months, I did not drop off the planet, I did not move to Outer Mongolia, I did not change my telephone number, my email address is the same and the postman still visits my street.

Do I need to apologise for the fact that I dropped off the radar for a while because, you know, I HAVE TWINS, and my life has been turned upside down. Personally, I don't think so. 

What changes at six months? Why the sudden drying up of support and contact? Nothing's changed from where I'm standing. I'm still at home all day looking after two (admittedly gorgeous, but challenging) babies. Sure it's easier, but it's no walk in the park, it's not a holiday, I'm not skipping off into the sunshine without a care in the world. It's still bloody hard work and it would be nice to get a friendly call once in a while to cheer me up. Or get invited out so I can remember who I used to be.

I know, I know. You all have busy lives to lead. Out of sight, out of mind and all that. And I'd probably just bore you with tales of the babes if you did ring, or visit, or email. Because I have no life or interest outside babies, right?

No, really, I don't care. Not one bit. I'm not sitting here feeling sorry for myself. Wondering what I've done to offend you, or if I really am just too boring these days. Oh no I'm not. Well... maybe I am... just a little bit...

Please call, I miss you.

Young Mummy x

P.S. To my lovely friends that read this blog: none of the above is aimed at you, I promise. x


This post is written for this week's Writing Workshop at Sleep is for the Weak. I chose prompt 5: Pick an emotion that best represents your state of mind right now. I'm feeling angry, in case you didn't guess.
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails