Friday 2 April 2010

Oh I do like to be beside the seaside

Check out that surf

We had our first family holiday this week, even if it was only a couple of nights in Brighton. It was planned to celebrate my birthday on Tuesday and I've been looking forward to it for ages. We weren't that lucky with the weather for the first couple of days (think sleet, snow, and torrential rain) but the sun came out for us on the final day, and we were able to whisk the babies down to the beach for a few minutes, as I was desperate to show them the sea. It was pretty chilly though, with a biting wind so we didn't stay there for too long, just long enough to get a few pics to mark the occasion.

Miss E and I keeping warm

One of the highlights of the trip was Young Daddy and I's first chance to spend some proper time together without babies since their arrival nearly seven months ago. We headed into Brighton one lunchtime, leaving Grandma and Grandpa on baby duty for the afternoon. We did some shopping and had a lovely lunch together, and I have to be honest and say I didn't miss the babies. We didn't even talk about them that much, and just made the most of each other's company. Grandma and Grandpa were the perfect babysitters and apparently survived the whole four hours without any tears from either baby, so it was a big success all round.

Now we're looking forward to tomorrow evening, which will be our first night out together since babies, though I'll be sad to see the end of my birthday celebrations after that. I've managed to stretch them out for five days and I honestly think it's been one of the best birthdays ever. x
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails