Tuesday 9 March 2010

Carrots and rice and all things nice...

Miss E and Mr A have now spent their first week sampling the delights of solid food. We got off to a slow start - baby rice wasn't greeted with huge enthusiasm, with both babies pretty apathetic about the whole experience. I was not relishing the prospect of continuing with weaning alone on Monday when I added pear to the baby rice. But some monumental metamorphosis had obviously happened overnight because Mr A could not get enough. I literally couldn't get the spoonfuls into his mouth fast enough he was gobbling so heartily. Miss E also seemed to be enjoying it, albeit at a slightly more refined pace than her little (or not so little!) brother.

Oompa Loompa Doompadee Dah
If you're not greedy you will go far
You will live in happiness too
Like the Oompa Loompa doompadee do

We have since also introduced the twins to carrot and sweet potato and they are both still going full steam ahead.

Spot the difference...

One thing I did notice though.... the stuff gets everywhere. And pureed carrot should come with a warning! After Mr A's first portion of carrot I was covered from head to toe in carrot splatters (think I could do with some windscreen wipers on my specs). And boy does it stain. I had two small orange-faced babies smiling at me for the rest of the day. I reckon the Oompa Loompas from Charlie and the Chocolate Factory would welcome them into Loompaland with open arms...
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails