Sunday 21 March 2010

It's all about me...


The lovely Teawithonesugarplease has given me this delectable Beautiful Blogger Award (and I particularly like the pretty design of this one). To accept it I must give you seven facts about myself, and tag seven people.

1) My name is Young Mummy and I am a sweetie addict...
Yep, I love sweets. Chocolate's ok, but I can take it or leave it. A fizzy strawberry lace, however, is a totally different ball game. Basically any kind of chewy jelly sweet is not safe in my vicinity. I'm not sure when this addiction started or how, but it's a difficult one to kick. I have managed to go through period of restricted sweetie consumption, but I always break in the end. My favourite sweet? I think it has to be giant strawberries - my sister-in-law once gave me a giant box of them from Macro and I ate every last one within 48 hours.

2) I used to be a competitive trampoliner...
From the age of seven to about eleven (when I realised I preferred to spend my Saturdays hanging around the Whitgift Centre in Croydon, or The Glades in Bromley eating MacDonalds and shopping in Miss Selfridge) I took trampolining very seriously. I trained two to four times a week and most weekends my long-suffering taxi drivers parents would ferry me to competitions around the country. Now I was never that good, but I was good enough and I have a box of trophies, medals, certificates and newspaper cuttings to prove it!

3) I married my holiday romance...
I met Young Daddy in Crete on holiday with my parents and brother. He and his family were in the villa next door to ours and his dad invited us round for drinks when we arrived. Of course Young Daddy and I played it cool for the first few days, but a few late night paddles in the sea helped us get to know each other better. Though we were from opposite ends of the country and headed off to different universities that autumn somehow the holiday fling didn't fizzle out.  I don't think that either of us would have dreamed that 12 years later we'd be married with twins.

4) I am a terrible driver...
Sadly true. I'm just about passable once I'm on the road (though I'm a quivering, hysterical wreck on the motorway), but parking and other manoeuvres? Not my forte. You know you're useless behind the wheel when you manage to crash into a large, yellow, skip with flashing warning orange lights attached.

5) I climbed the Indian Himalayas...
When I was 17 a group of us from school raised the money for a once-in-a-lifetime trip to India to trek in the Himalayas and do some community work whilst we were out there. Unfortunately the weather was so horrific on our trek that we might as well have been in Wales - the mist/fog was so thick most of the time you could hardly see the person in front of you, let alone any spectacular views. And we were woefully ill-equipped. Emptying cold water out of your walking boots, wringing out you cold, wet, socks and then putting them both on first thing in the morning was not fun.

6) I have been inside Margaret Thatcher's house...
So she didn't live there anymore, but it's still a claim to fame, right? It's actually owned by Daniel Bedingfield now (or was at the time) and I shot it for the magazine I used to work for.

7) I climbed onto the roof of the House of Commons...
My friend used to work there (she has since left, so I can tell this story). You're not supposed to go up there, but the door onto the roof of the Chamber isn't locked so we crept up there for an amazing view of Big Ben etc. I half expected an alarm to sound, searchlights to blind us and helicopters to swarm above our heads, but apparently no-one's bothered because none of the above happened.

Right, now onto the tagging.... RebaMc at two{become}four because she could do with some cheering up, mummylimited, Three Kids and the Cat,  The Alice Blog, Me, The Man & The Baby, Brits in Bosnia, and Mindful Mum. If anyone else would like the award  you're more than welcome to pick it up too. x
blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails