Friday 12 March 2010

I'm great. So there!

I know it's not the done thing, but I'm going to give myself a pat on the back. This totally goes against my nature - I find it extremely hard to accept compliments, and will always find a way to talk down any achievement. But you know what? About three people this week have told me how fantastically I'm doing caring for two little babies. At the time I shrugged it off, and turned it into a joke as usual, but I've been mulling it over and this time I'm going to take their praise and run with it.

I am going to award myself a Gold Star. Or actually, I think I should probably give myself two Gold Stars. For two babies.


I have made it through the first six months, and am halfway through what most people tell me is the most difficult time. I haven't turned into a hermit (though sometimes I've been sorely tempted to), and have tried to approach life as if I had one newborn baby, not two. I have fed these little creatures, and watched them grow into lively, happy individuals. There have been low points (this one stands out in my memory), but I've carried on and I'm still smiling, most of the time. And as well as raising two people, I've been a good friend, made fantastic new friends, and started a blog. Plus I've fitted in the odd night out here and there. Which I don't think is doing too badly, all things considered.

I think it's about time we all gave ourselves some well-deserved love. What have you achieved recently? What do you think you've done to merit a round of applause, just for you? Don't be shy, this is all about bigging ourselves up for change. Whatever you've accomplished, I reckon you more than deserve a Gold Star too, so feel free to take it, add it to your own blog (or if you don't have a blog, just add it to the Positive Thoughts section of your brain).

I'm great. You're great. We're all bloody great.


blog comments powered by Disqus

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails