Thursday 12 November 2009

Chasing the elusive A smile


Despite a few glimmers and almost, nearly there, half smiles, we're still waiting for A to smile properly. E has been at it for weeks and now seems to do nothing but smile and chuckle (when she's not screaming, that is!), but A doesn't seem to be following suit,despite being nearly ten weeks old (babies apparently normally smile at six to eight weeks).

I know that babies develop at different rates which is why I've been trying not to stress about it, but I have to admit that it's starting to worry me slightly now. It's not that he always looks unhappy - he is definitely engaging at a certain level, he makes eye contact with me and his expression is interested, but it would be so reassuring for him to give me a big beaming smile. I'm really concentrating on trying to interact with him and encourage him as much as possible, so we'll see how we get on.

It's baby clinic this afternoon, so I'll go along to speak to the health visitor and get some advice and hopefully some reassurance...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot, I love getting your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails