Tuesday 10 November 2009

Not a good start to the week



When I saw about a million lone magpies on my first walk of the day yesterday (I've added two magpies to this post so you don't have to suffer the same bad luck), I should have known I was in for a horrible time! E and A kicked off in spectacular style today, as usual all focused around feeding. It all started badly with the 7am feed, when poor Young Daddy had to leave me for work with two screaming babies. And it didn't get any better. I was at the end of my tether by 10.31am, after the 10.30am feed went even worse than the 7am. After a disasterous attempt at a lunchtime nap, I decided to head out to the library, only to discover it's shut for an hour over lunch. I was not impressed.

What was great about yesterday was the amazing support I got from friends. When Tuhami Mummy, Daddy and JD turned up on my doorstep I burst into tears - Tuhami Daddy took JD off round the block and Tuhami Mummy offered a sympathetic ear. And another friend gave me a fantastic pep talk on the telephone, reminding me that bad days like these come along, but are often followed by good days. I was 99.9% ready to throw in the towel and admit defeat in the Breastfeeding War, but she urged me not to make any rash decisions, and she was right - E turned into a textbook breastfeeding performance for her last feed of the day....

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot, I love getting your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails