Tuesday 5 January 2010

Hair today, gone tomorrow!

This week's posts seem to be obsessed with my appearance I'm afraid. Now I'm losing my hair! Loads of it is falling out - I have to unblock the plughole after I shower, and when I brush and blowdry my hair big chunks of hair come out. Combined with the hair from our two cats, our house is drowning in stray hairs! I've googled it (for those that don't know,I have a bit of a google addiction) and have discovered that this is completely normal:

"Many women notice hair loss about 3 months after they've had a baby. This loss is also related to hormones. During pregnancy, high levels of certain hormones cause the body to keep hair that would normally fall out. When the hormones return to pre-pregnancy levels, that hair falls out and the normal cycle of growth and loss starts again." (Family Doctor)


It's just a shame that it happens just when you're feeling particularly down about yourself - feeling fat, hating your stretch marks, big bags under your eyes etc. But I've decided there's no point worrying about it until I've stopped breastfeeding, as my body needs the extra weight at the moment. When spring comes, I'll think about slowing down the cake intake!

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot, I love getting your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails