Thursday 7 January 2010

Teething Times Two: The Beginning



I've been in denial. But today, after a visit to the Baby Clinic, I'm facing up to the fact that the twins are started to teeth. For a few weeks now they have both been dribbling like mad and chewing on anything they can get in their mouths. All the dribbling has left poor A's cheeks dry and red, and E has been noticably more grizzly than usual, often crying for no recognisable reason (so what's new?!). And both babies also seem to be sleeping a lot more during the day. I don't know if this is because they're not sleeping as well at night (although as yet, they're not disturbing us any more than usual - touch wood etc. etc.), or just because they're feeling a bit sorry for themselves.

The health visitor has advised olive oil for A's cheeks and teething granules to ease the discomfort. Unfortunately at £4.80 for six sachets I think the granules will have to be a special treat! A cheaper option, also suggested by the health visitor, is to pop some carrot sticks covered in clingfilm in the freezer and give these to the babies to chew on. We've got plenty in the fridge so I'll get chopping tomorrow.

I know it may be weeks and weeks before a single tooth appears, so we're in it for the long run...

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks a lot, I love getting your comments!

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails